Our Favourite Chocolate Cake
This is a moist and low fat chocolate cake which is even nutritious.
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup juice (ideally, unsweetened cranberry, raspberry or sour cherry but can use water too)
- 1.5 cup honey (about 400g)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 1/3 cup flour – (can use whole wheat or gluten free flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup Frozen or fresh fruit like: raspberries, blueberries, sour cherry.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan but don’t overheat it.
- Add the juice and cocoa powder. Mix well.
- Remove from heat, add yogurt, honey, eggs, vanilla. Mix well
- In a separate bowl mix flour with baking soda and baking powder. Add to wet ingredients.
- Mix and pour batter into pan. Add fruit.
- Bake about 30-40 min until knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Do not overbake, it will dry it out.
Click here for a printer friendly version